Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Getting Stoked For Baby

Last night a couple that we are friends with had their first baby. Needless to say, she is beautiful. Kayla and I went to visit them at the hospital and it was a great experience for me. I have never been around a newborn baby or the hospital environment after the baby was born. I told my wife, "It's a good thing you are already pregnant, because I'd probably want to have one now." After seeing the joy in their eyes I can only imagine how it will feel when our own baby is born.

My whole life there has always been those people who want to bring you down. "you're too young to get engaged."

"you're not even 21 yet, why would you get married. Everything changes when you turn 21."

Sound familiar? If it does then hopefully you stuck to your guns and either told them to worry about themselves, or simply express that your situation is different. I am far happier that my life has taken this path. I still go out with friends, drink too much, play golf, softball, fish and play xbox. I am sure that some things will take a back seat to my baby boy, but you know what? I hope it does. There is so much more to life than drinking away every weekend. Don't get me wrong, I like to "tie one on" as much as the next guy, but it doesn't have to be every night that you don't have to be up early.

If you are a soon to be dad, and know someone who is having a baby. I encourage you to visit them in the hospital if possible. It will help you get a feel of what is going to be happening after your little miracle is born. Also, it may get you hyped up for what is soon to become your life.

For the record, not a lot has changed since I turned 21. Other than I can now buy my own alcohol. I'd trade one hundred drunk nights for any one of the hundreds of memories I have already created with my family in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment