Sunday, March 18, 2012

Us Thus Far

My name is Nick, I am 21 years old and my wife is 20. In November of 2011 I found my beautiful wife of 11 months crying in the bathroom. I was of course playing Battlefield 3 with my brother in law and couldn't imagine what the problem was. I paused the game and went to find out... What I discovered I could never have been prepared for. Kayla (wife) pointed to the bathroom counter that had a pregnancy test on it. I already knew at this point the amazing news to come. After confirming my assumtion I grabbed her in my arms and had two paths I could take. Path 1: ask "how could this happen", or "I don't know what we will ever do" or "how can we afford it." Path 2: tell her "no matter what everything will be okay," or "that's amazing news!" Obviously I am still alive so I had to have chose path 2. I told her something like " baby why are you crying this is amazing, I promise everything will be okay." and thus far everything has been wonderful. She is 23 weeks pregnant and is loving every minute of it. I am not going to lie it hasn't been easy, nor always glamorous but it has been a blessing every day. Don't think that you are out of the woods yet mister. This is the easy part.

Next up: The Shock Phase

No comments:

Post a Comment