Monday, June 18, 2012

Final Lamaze Class

Sadly since I had softball in Colorado I missed one of our lamaze classes. This class was a super special one. They showed one of those 9th grade health childbirthing videos from your parents era. This is one video I am glad I missed... Nobody wants to see that. Last Thursday was our final lamaze class. I cannot believe how fast 6 weeks went bye. It literally grew wings and flew.

We are now coming up on the home stretch of the pregnancy. Her feet are swelling, she's a lot more uncomfortable, and worst of all the weather is getting hotter. "I hope he comes early" is a sentence mentioned about every 30 minutes. We are now in the 36th week so anything after this week is considered "full term."

I might be the luckyest man in the world, or this is a cruel trick that can still take a turn for the worst. My wife has been truely amazing during this process. She rarely complains, is still working her job, still cleans, does laundry, cooks dinner, and rarely complains (needed to emphasize the latter). I have had it far to easy. I know that the baby will be a whole new can of worms. Judging by how she has been to this point, I know we can do it. I married the right woman.

We learned a lot about different medicines, pain coping techniques, and cleared up a lot of questions that we had floating around in our final lamaze class. I would recommend to everyone that a lamaze class is a must. I gained a multitude of knowlede in our classes. Also, my wife is now a lot more comfortable and a lot more prepared for labor.

 Preparation builds confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment